If you or a family member has been affected by pediatric cancer please look into the following resources:
Super sibs, Ensuring that siblings of children with cancer are honored, supported and recognized so they may face the future with strength, courage and hope. Supersibs.org
Tu Nidito Children and Family Services In Tucson Arizona provides comfort, hope and support for children and families whose lives have been impacted by a serious medical condition or death. Through its array of support groups and individual services Tu Nidito provides emotional, social, and educational tools to children and families and empowers them with strength and skills for the future. Tunidito.org
Caring Bridge, Free, personal and private websites that connect people experiencing a significant health challenge to family and friends, making each health journey easier. caringbridge.org
Hope Kids, provides ongoing events & activities and a powerful, unique support community for families who have a child with cancer or some other life-threatening medical condition. We surround these remarkable children and their families with the message that hope can be a powerful medicine. hopekids.org
Pediatric Oncology Resources Center: offering flights for children traveling to receive care for a life threatening illness. http://www.ped-onc.org/resources/airlineflights.html
Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation (PBTF) is a nonprofit charitable organization seeks to:
- Find the cause and cure for childhood brain tumors by supporting medical research
- increase public awareness about the severity and prevalence of childhood brain tumors
- aid in the early detection and treatment of childhood brain tumors
- provide educational and emotional support for children and families affected by this life-threatening disease.
Candlelighters, Childhood Cancer Foundation of Southern Arizona looks to:
- To ease frustration and fears through sharing of feelings and experiences
- To link parent to parent, family to family, group to group
- To exchange information on research, treatment and community resources
- To breakdown the social isolation of families
- To provide guidance in coping with childhood cancer’s effect on a child, parents, siblings and family
- To identify patient and family needs so that medical and social systems respond adequately
- To be an emotional support system of second families for each other
Integrative Touch for Kids in Tucson, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose purpose is to enhance well being, minimize suffering and facilitate healing for children with developmental disabilities, genetic conditions, cancers, and other chronic, acute and life limiting illnesses.
Cakes for Cancers provides cakes to children fighting cancer for birthday and other special events in their lives. Their mission is to bring delight to those children fighting cancer. They have bakers throughout the United States and are simply amazing.
Peach’s Neet Feet donates custom, hand-painted shoes to children living with disabilities and fighting serious illnesses.
The Gold Hope Project: The Gold Hope Project is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes. The Gold Hope Project is a group of International photographers that have come together to photograph families completely free, bring about awareness, raise funds for Pediatric Oncology Research and treatment.
Binkeez for comfort: Provide comfort, love and warmth to those in a hospital, nursing home or hospice in the United States of America. We do this by making and donating hand sewn blankets from love and with a personal touch.
Care Pages: CarePages websites are free patient blogs that connect friends and family during a health challenge
Joshua Cares Care Packages: Joshua Cares Care Packages sends care packages,personalized shoes as well as cards to children around the world with a terminal disease.